The e-Learning support team is hosting a number of events for UC Teaching Month. This presents a great opportunity to learn about what is happening in e-Learning at UC and internationally. All are invited to attend.
Wednesday, 17 July 2019: 1:30- 3PM, Rehua 103 (no registration required)
UC lecturers share their technology enabled teaching practices that support student learning and success. Come along if you are looking to try something new in your technology enabled teaching.
- Tanja Mitrovic – Video based learning.
- Kate Pedley – Using Echo360 to engage students.
- Jerry Maroulis (Wageningen University) – To MOOC or not to MOOC.
- Viktoria Papp – Digital note taking vs handwritten notes and their effect on student achievement.\
- Victoria Escaip – Using online video for language assessment.
Teaching Month Online Seminars and Workshops
Unbundling University Project
Online: Wednesday, 10 July 2019 (free – no registration required).
The seminar will be live streamed via zoom and all are welcome to attend.
Professor Laura Czerniewicz (Director, Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching (CILT) at University of Cape Town) is presenting at Victoria University, Wellington from 3-4pm on her Unbundling University project. Laura is speaking about the Unbundled University project which examines the profound confluence which constitutes the unbundled university – the intersection of increasingly disaggregated curricula and services, the affordances of digital technologies, the growing marketization of the higher education sector itself and the deep inequalities which characterise both the sector and the contexts in which they are located.
Information about the seminar can be found at
The link to the seminars online meeting space is
ACODE 79: Supporting Universities for Future Qualifications’ & Pedagogical Models
Online 15-26th July: free.
The Australasian Council on Open, Distant & e-Learning (ACODE) is conducting a fully online workshop over 15-26th July
Led by a team of ACODE facilitators working with international speakers, the workshops will explore the following questions and reflect on how we can work to shape future planning and support for learning and teaching.
- How are universities structuring their activities and offerings and what challenges does this present for those enabling technology enhanced learning?
- How are university-vendor relationships changing in the sector and how will this affect our aspirations and capabilities for the future of technology enhanced learning?
- How are universities defining their places as higher education institutions in diverse and competing contexts? How can technology help maintain a community of learners and scholars while also supporting scale and access?
More information at https://www.acode.edu.au/course/view.php?id=3#section-1
Register at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeEVg14kPWhf6-hLr4mzhFq_GR4zdi27rbV1okyB7DF_DVjEw/viewform
Information about all UC Teaching Month Events can be found at https://intranet.canterbury.ac.nz/academicservices/Teaching%20Month.shtml