What is it like to teach a face-to-face course by distance? In this video David Pomeroy, a lecturer from the School of Teacher Education, shares his personal experiences on this topic. David explains how he uses lecture capture (Echo360) during his face-to-face classes to engage distance students, talks about his approach for guiding students through LEARN (Moodle) and provides practical advice for those who are thinking about offering their face-to-face course by distance for the first time.
Relevant workshops for staff at UC:
- Web conferencing for teaching and learning
- Engaging students during lectures
- Encouraging student engagement through digital technologies
- Student centered course design 1: LEARN visual design
- Student centered course design 2: Content development and sharing
- Student centered course design 3: Assessing students online