Have you wondered before what the money you put into your student levy goes towards? Well, one of the great things it’s contributed to this year is the new student lounge in the bottom floor of the History building. So what’s so great about this space you may be thinking? Well…
- It’s like a tropical island on a cold winter’s day. Seriously! It may be freezing throughout Puaka-James Hight and raining cats and dogs outside, but the History building is like a cosy, warm slice of heaven. This climate keeps your fingers mobile enough to smash out some study, and also provides a pleasant napping spot…
- There are microwaves in a small kitchenette area which are less of a traffic jam than the ones in the Undercroft, so you can actually heat-and-eat before you need to be in class!
- The lounge has various seating options! OOH I hear you say, different seats. Much wow. Nah, but fo’real it’s pretty cool. There are tables for eating/studying, couches for chilling/sleeping, and bar stools and benches for pretending you’re in a fancy hipster café/sitting up high.
- Don’t you hate it when the study rooms in the library are all booked out! Well now you can make use of the two rooms in the History building available for study groups, and super-secret meetings.
- The building is smack bang in the middle of multiple lecture theatres which means you can easily rush from there to your next class in either: Law, both A lecture theatres, Locke, Logie and the Psychology building.
As spaces continue to change around UC it’s important to make the most of all the new study spaces/chillout zones on campus as they pop up. After all, you practically paid for a tiny percentage of it. Own that percentage. That bit is yours!