Next year and beyond…

It feels pretty crazy to be writing this, but I have just completed my Bachelor of Arts in Media and Psychology!

Three years ago I arrived at University as a ‘fresher’ and was nervous about what the real world would bring. I had a blast at Orientation, met heaps of new friends, filled my brain with new knowledge, and experienced many different courses before I narrowed my options down. I’m glad that I entered into first year with such an open mind and tried so many different papers – English, Media, Psychology, Sociology and even Philosophy! Now I’m three years older, hopefully a bit wiser, and feeling ready for what next year holds in store. I’ve decided to stay on for another year at UC and have been accepted into Honours in Media  and Communication!

I’m really excited for what my course will teach me and how it will further my job prospects for when I leave.  University is such a personal journey and you really have to choose what you think is right for you. No matter which path you take, it will work out and you will grow along the way. Taking Philosophy in first year definitely showed me that! At first I found the concept of the course a bit crazy and I wasn’t sure how I kept getting As for my essays when I didn’t even understand what I was writing. But the course taught me how to think differently and respect other people’s opinions, plus I even met a good friend. If University has taught me one lesson over the last three years, it is to give everything a try before you say that you can’t do it.

Congratulations to those who are graduating this year and those who are undertaking further study next year.

Happy holidays!