Here’s a soupa special recipe for you! Technically its actually more like a stew than a soup, but I couldn’t miss the opportunity to use that great pun! My mum is always cooking this at home, and it’s really satisfying in this colder weather.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic or 1/2 a tsp minced garlic
- 1 red onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 potato
- 1 small leek (optional)
- 1/2 tsp dried herbs
- 2 cans of tomatoes
- 4 cups of vege stock
- 1/2 cup cooked pasta (spiral works well)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Can of beans or chickpeas (optional)
- Heat oil, and cook onions, garlic, carrots, celery, dried herbs and leeks (if using), for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, potato, vege stock and beans or chickpeas. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, until potatoes are cooked.
- Add remaining ingredients and season to taste.
Serve with crusty bread if you like! Enjoy!