Here’s a look at some of the cool events that are happening around Christchurch over the first week of the university break!
- Monday Night Easter Magic @ the Darkroom: 8.00-9.30pm the Darkroom at 336 St Asaph St will be hosting a free variety show with comedy, magic and other performances!
- 2015 Cavell Leitch NZ Jazz and Blues Festival: There are many awesome international, and homegrown acts on this year’s line-up! Pricing varies depending on which show you want to attend, so have a look online. The festival runs from Tuesday 7th- Sunday 12th.
- Ed Sheeran Concert @ Horncastle Arena: This is looking like it’s going to be an amazing night so lucky you if you’ve got tickets! 7-10pm.
- Phantom of the Opera: The longest running show in Broadway history will be brought to Christchurch’s Isaac Theatre Royal this April. The show runs from Thursday 9th-May 2nd. Tickets start at $72.50 and can be purchased online.
- Community Market: This market is held every Thursday in Linwood, at 51 Pages Rd from 8.00am-1.00pm. New and used goods, hot food and coffee will be on sale. Who knows, you may find some treasures!
- The Darkroom’s Best Books Sale: Books will be selling for super cheap (I’m talking $3 a book!) at the Darkroom, 336 St Asaph St. 4pm-8pm.
- P-Money @ the Dux Live: $10 on the door- can’t get better than that! 9pm onwards.
- Cookarama: 10.00am-4pm the Rotary Club of Chch will be holding their Cookarama event! Stalls will be selling delicious baked goods, fresh produce, kitchen appliances, books, plants, raffle tickets and more. Proceeds raised will be donated to the Royal NZ Foundation of the Blind.
- SAGA International Tabletop Day: Held by SAGA here at UC, this event is a chance to break out the some classic board games! 8.00, Kirkwood G7, H3, H5. Free for members, gold coin for non-members.
- New Brighton Seaside Market: This great community market is held from 10.00am-2.00pm every Saturday. Grab some food, or find some bargains, and take a walk down the beach while you’re there!
- Pendulum DJ Set @ the Foundry: 9.00pm-2.00am. This is an R18 event, and tickets can be purchased online.
- The Darkroom’s Best Books Sale: The second day of this event will be held today from 11-4pm.
- Cocopelli Inaugural Pizza Eating Contest: The first prize is $500, and a YEAR’S WORTH OF FREE PIZZA! Check out the pizza eaters, or enter yourself. Be there from 3pm-5pm outside Cocopelli Bar at The Palms to get in on the action.