With the change in season a good hearty chicken noodle soup is a real winner!
Here is a recipe that I tried last weekend that I was really pleased with.
Chicken, noodle and sweet corn soup
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 10 pepercorns
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 140 grams of angel hair pasta, broken into 5 cm lots
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- Start with placing the whole chicken in a large pot along with the celery, onion, carrots and pepercorns. Fill the pot with water till the chicken is just covered. Place on the heat and bring to the boil, once boiling reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- After an hour, carefully lift the chicken from the simmering stock and place aside. Keep the stock simmering for another 30 minutes.
- Once the chicken is slightly cooled remove the skin and shred the meat from the bones.
- After 30 minutes, strain the stock liquid and discard the carrots, onions etc.
- In the same pot as you cooked the chicken add the leek and cook for a few minutes. Add back in the strained stock, chicken, angel hair and corn and cook till the pasta is cook (around 5 minutes).
Serve and enjoy! (it makes heaps and is easy to freeze for another time)