I hope that you’re having an awesome break away from uni! Here’s some cool ideas of events that you can go to, to fill in the time…
- Comedy Open Mic Night: Head along to Alvarado’s Mexican Cantina on 77 Stevens St, in the CBD. 8.00-10.00pm. FREE entry! Go along for a laugh, or if you’re brave you can even perform yourself!
- Graduation for Engineering and Forestry: 10.00am, Horncastle Arena
- Graduation for Arts and Education: 2.00pm, Horncastle Arena
- Defiance- A Christchurch collaborative short film: Hollywood 3 Cinema in Sumner- 8.30pm, 8.50pm, 9.10pm and 9.30pm. Gold coin entry.
- Community Market @ MacKenzies Hotel and Backpackers in Linwood: 8.00am-1.00pm. Food and coffee, new and used goods, and crafts.
- Graduation for Science: 10.00am, Horncastle Arena
- Graduation for Law and Commerce: 2.00pm, Horncastle Arena
- ‘Grad Ball’: Come along and celebrate your graduation with all your friends! 7.30pm at a Mystery Location (meet in UCSA carpark to get buses to venue). Cocktails and Canapes on arrival, and 12 food stations serving delicious options throughout the night!
- The Great Pretenders: Showcasing impersonators of some of the greatest performers this world has ever seen….
Doors open at 6.30pm, dinner served at 7pm, entertainment begins at 8pm. $46 for tickets. Held at Addington Raceway.
- Frocks on Bikes April Bike Ride: St Albans Park to Redwood Springs (and back). Meet at St. Albans park on Barbados St – opposite Ris’tretto cafe – at 12.45pm for a 1pm sharp departure. Go along for abit of fun!