Did you check out your emails on Easter Sunday?
The weekly Insider’s Guide email was delivered and included some of the following…
- 21 Day Challenge
- UC Finder
- The chance to win a UC pen drive!
- Hot Cross bun recipe!
- Events happening this week
Be sure to check your emails for the next issue delivered to your inbox on Sunday!
Do you have an interesting story to share? An amazing experience at UC perhaps? Or even a extraordinary / adventurous incident to tell?
You can do it right here on the Insider’s Guide!
Here’s 5 simple steps to get you started:
1. Content: Think of your best story/ unique experience that you want to share.
2. Permission: Seek permission to blog from the Communications Department via e-mail on communications.canterbury.ac.nz or simply comment below. Introduce yourself and what/ why you want to blog.
3. Access: If permission is granted, the department needs a few days to set up your access and will provide you with individual log in details when done.
4. Blog: Log in with your credentials and get blogging! Write an article, no longer than 250 words in most cases and make sure to submit it for review. It’s fairly simple to find your way around the site, but should you have any questions feel free to get back in touch with the person you were dealing with.
5. Wait to be published: Once you’ve gone through steps 1 – 4, your job is done! You article will then be reviewed/ edited if necessary by the editors of the blog and published shortly.
Personally, blogging on this site is a great way to reach the wider community and somehow instills/ reassures a sense of belonging.
So give it ago, try it once and you may either want more or choose to leave it that. Regardless, it is something worth trying.
Here’s a look at some of the cool events that are happening around Christchurch over the first week of the university break!
- 2015 Cavell Leitch NZ Jazz and Blues Festival: There are many awesome international, and homegrown acts on this year’s line-up! Pricing varies depending on which show you want to attend, so have a look online. The festival runs from Tuesday 7th- Sunday 12th.
- Phantom of the Opera: The longest running show in Broadway history will be brought to Christchurch’s Isaac Theatre Royal this April. The show runs from Thursday 9th-May 2nd. Tickets start at $72.50 and can be purchased online.
- Community Market: This market is held every Thursday in Linwood, at 51 Pages Rd from 8.00am-1.00pm. New and used goods, hot food and coffee will be on sale. Who knows, you may find some treasures!
- Cookarama: 10.00am-4pm the Rotary Club of Chch will be holding their Cookarama event! Stalls will be selling delicious baked goods, fresh produce, kitchen appliances, books, plants, raffle tickets and more. Proceeds raised will be donated to the Royal NZ Foundation of the Blind.
- SAGA International Tabletop Day: Held by SAGA here at UC, this event is a chance to break out the some classic board games! 8.00, Kirkwood G7, H3, H5. Free for members, gold coin for non-members.
- New Brighton Seaside Market: This great community market is held from 10.00am-2.00pm every Saturday. Grab some food, or find some bargains, and take a walk down the beach while you’re there!
- Pendulum DJ Set @ the Foundry: 9.00pm-2.00am. This is an R18 event, and tickets can be purchased online.
- The Darkroom’s Best Books Sale: The second day of this event will be held today from 11-4pm.
- Cocopelli Inaugural Pizza Eating Contest: The first prize is $500, and a YEAR’S WORTH OF FREE PIZZA! Check out the pizza eaters, or enter yourself. Be there from 3pm-5pm outside Cocopelli Bar at The Palms to get in on the action.