Are you a PhD student seeking overseas funding?

PhD scholarship
Take your research overseas!

Want to take your PhD research overseas? The Claude McCarthy Fellowship (Category A) is offering an opportunity for graduates of a NZ University who are enrolled for a PhD (also at a NZ University) and have completed at least one year of doctoral studies to travel overseas for short periods to present their research at conferences and/or conduct research leading towards their NZ doctoral degree.

Funding is awarded for use in the academic year following the year of application for periods up to three months. Value varies (up to $5000 for Category A).

For more info about the scholarship and to apply, see the Universities New Zealand site. Applications are to be submitted online via the UNZ website, not via the UC Scholarships Office. Applications close on the 1st of August.

If you haven’t already, check out the UC scholarships website to see what’s available, you could be eligible for something and you don’t even know it yet!

Have a voice! Tell us what you're thinking...