The UC Health Centre is offering FREE flu vaccines for:
- All domestic students with a chronic condition
- All students enrolled at UC Health Centre
- $5 for students enrolled elsewhere and International Students – just pick up a voucher from the UCSA before making appointment (expires 31 July 2015)
I tried out something I found on YouTube the other night – apple roses! Not only do they look good, but they are super easy to make and taste fantastic!
Here’s what you need and what you need to do!
- Sweet pastry sheet, thawed
- 2 apples
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp flour, to sprinkle on the counter
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Icing sugar for decorating (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare a bowl with some water and the lemon juice. Cut the apples in half, remove the core and cut the apples into paper thin slices. Leave the skin on so it will give the red colour to your roses. Right away, place the sliced apples in the bowl with lemon and water, so that they won’t change colour.
- Microwave the apples in the bowl, for about 3 minutes, to make them slightly softer.
- Dust the clean kitchen bench with the flour. Using a rolling pin stretch the pastry a little, trying to keep it in a rectangular shape. Cut the pastry into 5 strips.
- Drain the apples slices and place them along the strips of pastry, leaving a small gap at the bottom. Sprinkle with cinnamon if you’d like.
- Fold up the bottom part of the pastry. Carefully roll, seal the edge, and place in muffin tins.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, until the pastry is fully cooked through.
Dust with icing sugar when cool.
Christchurch local Stevie Tonks is performing at Dux Live bar on Wednesday June 10. This is said to be a cracker night with over 600 people already signed up to the Facebook event.
Having narrowly missed a spot in the X Factor grand final, Stevie was a consistent favourite throughout the season. He was especially praised for his powerful ballad voice and incredible stage presence – exactly the kind of musician you want to see live!
The concert is R18, tickets are $15 + bf or $20 at the door – although it looks like this will be a sell-out event. Get your mates together and support HatBeard!
Follow Stevie Tonks on Facebook to stay in-the-know with his future performances.