Hungry? Yes. Lazy? Yes.
Solution: egg toasted sandwich. It’ll fill you up with very little effort. Here’s how:
- Plug in the toasted sandwich press and put in a slice of bread, buttered-side down, straight away so it starts cooking.
- Slather on some relish – I’ve used beetroot chutney but standard tomato relish is great too.
- Layer some ham, or cooked bacon if you’ve got it!
- Cut a few thick slices of cheese and arrange to form a square egg-nest.
- Crack an egg into the nest – the cheese will secure it so it doesn’t run everywhere.
- Place another slice of bread on top, buttered on the outside, and cook for a good 10 minutes.
Voila; a satisfying meal made with almost no effort in 10 minutes – brilliant!