Great news – UC’s Co-curricular Record is now open for registrations to students at all levels.
Due to high demand, the CCR has been approved for all currently enrolled UC students to create their own Co-curricular Record.
This also means that new Activities for students above 100-level will become available as well! Keep an eye on the CCR website over the next while to see what new opportunities are in store.
Remember to create a meme for the CCR Meme Competition for your chance to win a $50 Westfield Voucher to celebrate!
Six months on from Cyclone Pam hit Vanuatu there has been significant progress toward recovery. Much more needs to be done.
Chosen delegates for the Second New Zealand/US Youth Leadership Symposium on Crisis Response and Volunteering will receive an all expenses paid trip to Vanuatu on 6-13 February 2016.
Through a collaboration between the US Embassy in New Zealand, the UC Community Engagement Hub, and the Volunteer Army Foundation, we are offering UC Pasifika undergraduate students an opportunity to contribute to the work being done in Vanuatu by applying to be a Delegate at the Second New Zealand/US Youth Leadership Symposium on Crisis Response and Volunteering.
Chosen Delegates will receive the following:
- Paid enrollment in the 15 point course, CHCH101: Strengthening Communities through Social Innovation (the Symposium experience will fulfill the course requirements).
- All expenses paid trip to Vanuatu on 6-13 February including return flights, accommodation and meals.
- A meeting with staff from the US Embassy to report on the experience.
- An awesome time.
The timeline for the Symposium:
- 15 October 2015: applications due
- 31 October 2015: delegates chosen
- November 2015-January 2016: delegates and the trip leaders meet (in person or online) with each other and with the local people we’ll work with
- 6-13 February 2016: Delegates and the Trip Leaders travel to Vanuatu to provide service based on what local people need
- 15-19 February 2016: delegates and teaching team debrief the trip and meet with US Embassy staff (in Christchurch or Wellington)
- You must be a current UC Pasifika undergraduate student in 2015
- Preference will be given to domestic applicants in the first instance
In March 2015, Cyclone Pam caused 15 deaths, displaced over 75,000 people, and destroyed businesses, homes, and schools.