Mature students’ experience of UC can be markedly different from that of their younger classmates and a study underway is aimed at learning more about how and why.
I have been contracted by Student Services and Communications to talk to students who started their UC journey later. The aim of the study is to gain a better understanding of the distinctive needs of mature students and to understand more about how UC can better engage with them.
If you are an older student who is interested in taking part, or know someone who might be, please email Ric Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I can meet with you individually or in a small focus group and would be grateful to receive your insights.
Tell me first which of these best describes you:
- A researcher (PhD or Research Masters).
- In the Executive Development programme (MBA or similar).
- A professional developer – looking to upgrade an existing qualification in a similar field in which you already have been working.
- A late-starter – someone who may have been in the workforce or doing other things who has decided to pursue university study for the first time.
- A career transition student – someone who has been in the workforce but decided to change careers to something different.
- A life-long learner – studying for the love of it.
I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
– Ric Stevens