The Research Report is an excellent opportunity to profile some of UC’s best and brightest.
Copies are sent to key contacts in business, industry, education and the political sphere. Around 30 stories are published each year. One of the goals of the report is to demonstrate, through feature articles and across all disciplines, the real world impact of research at UC.
2017 theme: The focus of the 2017 Research Report will be on UC’s doctoral research and will consider the role of the student, the research and the supervisory team.
If you have an idea for a feature that supports the 2017 theme, please take a little time to fill in the following questions and return it marked Subject: Research Report, to: firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day Friday 22 September.
If you have any queries regarding the Research Report, please contact Grant Barrie in Research and Innovation: ext 95667 or email@example.com
- Story angle/relevance : Describe your story idea, how it relates to the theme, and why it presents an opportunity for UC.
- What is the ‘need to know?’ What, where, who, why, when. Bullet points on this are welcome.
- Why would this research matter to someone who is not a staff member or student at UC? What is the real-world impact? How will it improve society?
- Timeliness for Research Report 2017 – what dates are driving this research? Acknowledging that postgraduate research takes place over a number of years, why is the research relevant / continue to be relevant in 2017? Is something in particular happening, or anticipated?
- Who is involved? Please list the student, research team and supervisory team. Please ensure both the supervisor and student are happy to put the story idea forward.
- Photo/video opportunities? Is there something unique? What opportunities are there for a powerful, dramatic photograph that adds value to the story, or even makes the cover? Is there a dynamic highly visual opportunity that would look great on video?
Note: Research Report stories are frequently repurposed across all UC communication channels, e.g. as blogs, media releases or via social media.
We very much look forward to receiving your ideas for features by end of day Friday 22 September to firstname.lastname@example.org
Research & Innovation