Kia ora! The UC RecCentre would love to welcome you (back) to UC for 2018, and hope that you get your gym membership sorted and get over here to try out our most excellent classes and equipment.
THINGS HAVE CHANGED, but only a little…
Don’t panic, your membership is still free, but we’re in the process of upgrading our software, which means the process to activate your free membership has changed. We’ve outlined this step-by-step to make it easy for you to sign up and use the gym to stay healthy and active. The process is the same for ALL students, whether it’s your first year or your seventh!
- Finish your enrolment and obtain your student ID card
- New students – get your IT log on and change your password etc
- From 1 February head to our website reccentre.canterbury.ac.nz. Click on the big red ‘Activate here!’ button
- Use your IT log in and password and fill in the online form to register
- On your first visit to the RecCentre, bring your student ID card to our reception and one of our team will physically activate your card.
- Enjoy unlimited access to the RecCentre until 1 March 2019 (for full year students) or until 15 July (for Semester 1 only students).
We have iPads at our reception for you to easily sign up on the spot, or you can save time and do it from your own device at your leisure.
Remember, your student ID card is your key! We can’t issue memberships without it, as you must be fully enrolled, having paid your student levy (which funds the free membership).
Hot tip: You must bring your card with you for every visit, and scan to gain entry. If you forget your card, we’ll give you two chances per semester where we will look you up on the system. On the third time, we will charge you $11 for entry, and this will be fully refunded when you come on your next visit (within the week) and show us your card.
See you soon!
UC RecCentre Team