Meet Alex: your 2018 UCSA International Rep

Kia ora,

My name is Alex and I am a fourth year student here at UC. I have just completed a degree in marketing and finance. This year I am about to start my Masters. I have loved my time at UC and have made sure that I make the most of all that UC offers.

This year I am your UCSA International Rep. In previous years the UCSA has not had an International Student Representative, so it is not only a new thing for me but the entire association. This means we are excited to get your feedback and insight into what you would like to see come from this new role. I look forward to hearing from students and giving it my all.

With an increased number of international students, there is a greater need to bring international representation to the forefront. We have got a lot in the pipeline for international students this year and are working hard to make sure that all international students enjoy their time here and make the most of all that UC and the UCSA offers. I am looking forward to bringing you new events and new initiatives, with the hope of keeping you involved and enjoying your time here at UC.

Orientation is now over, but I am excited to let you know that the events don’t just stop there. On Wednesday 21 March there is an International Students ‘Kiwiana quiz & catch up night’ – make sure you get a free ticket and get involved! The UCSA looks forward to meeting you and enjoying a fun evening with you.

If you have any questions or need any help, pop in and utilise the services that the UCSA offers. I would really appreciate hearing from you so feel free to email me on international@ucsa.org.nz or if you see me out and about don’t be afraid to say hi!

Look forward to seeing you at the quiz!

Cheers,
Alex Holmes