If you wondered what was going to pop up in the old copy shop in the Undercroft, all has been revealed this week with the grand opening of global student travel agency, STA Travel.
STA was started back in 1979 by two backpackers with long-haul jet lag and an idea to create affordable adventures for awesome humans. STA Travel has grown today to be the world’s leading student and youth travel company.
Get sweet student savings on flights, tours, day trips, accommodation, insurance and more, for trips overseas and around New Zealand. STA Travel can hook you up with all the basics and also specialises in cost-effective round the world flight combos, Contiki tours, working holidays, volunteering, festivals (hello Oktoberfest!), mid-semester breaks and grad trips.
The best bit? Travel can be costly, but it doesn’t need to break the bank. STA Travel offers FLEXIpay where a $99 deposit is all you need to secure your flight price and then pay the rest off as you go or in one lump sum 10 weeks before travel. No interest, no credit cards, no contracts and no catches, just $99 on a huge range of airlines taking you across the globe. There are also deposit options on accommodation and tours so that Bali New Year’s trip is closer than you think…
Come and see Emma and the team at the new STA Travel UC store, located in the Undercroft, or email the team on email@example.com. Ask about opening specials for your next overseas or domestic trip.
These new scholarships aim to encourage doctoral students to publish aspects of their research during their doctorate.
Does your research fit the criteria and guidelines below? If it does, apply to the Dean of Postgraduate Research today! See the application process below.
Criteria and guidelines
- Scholarships are available only to non-College of Engineering doctoral students enrolled at UC. The College of Engineering is introducing its own scheme, and so Engineers will not be covered by this scholarship.
- The doctoral student must be the first author of the publication.
- Scholarships will be to the value of $500 per publication.
- Publications must be published before the student’s Oral Doctoral exam and their institutional address must be UC.
- The publication must be searchable in SCOPUS (or an approved citation database).
- A student may receive more than one scholarship.
- Scholarship applications can be made at any time up to the students Oral examination.
- Scholarships will be paid directly to the student for their own use.
- The doctoral student applies in writing to the Dean of Postgraduate Research (firstname.lastname@example.org) with proof of acceptance of the publication and its reference in SCOPUS or other appropriate database.
The Senior Supervisor provides written confirmation of the acceptance of the publication and the contributions made by the student.
UC Sport are moving from Kirkwood Village, units KD01, KD02/101 and KD02/102 to the Rec Centre room 133 on 07 June. Following this a number of Sports Lab activities will take place in room 133 and also in the new K1 sports lab spaces.