These new scholarships aim to encourage doctoral students to publish aspects of their research during their doctorate.
Does your research fit the criteria and guidelines below? If it does, apply to the Dean of Postgraduate Research today! See the application process below.
Criteria and guidelines
- Scholarships are available only to non-College of Engineering doctoral students enrolled at UC. The College of Engineering is introducing its own scheme, and so Engineers will not be covered by this scholarship.
- The doctoral student must be the first author of the publication.
- Scholarships will be to the value of $500 per publication.
- Publications must be published before the student’s Oral Doctoral exam and their institutional address must be UC.
- The publication must be searchable in SCOPUS (or an approved citation database).
- A student may receive more than one scholarship.
- Scholarship applications can be made at any time up to the students Oral examination.
- Scholarships will be paid directly to the student for their own use.
- The doctoral student applies in writing to the Dean of Postgraduate Research (email@example.com) with proof of acceptance of the publication and its reference in SCOPUS or other appropriate database.
The Senior Supervisor provides written confirmation of the acceptance of the publication and the contributions made by the student.