The Winter Wellness Expo is a free, all ages, alcohol-free event for all UC students. It is brought to you by UCSA Help (Advocacy & Welfare) team, and will be held on Thursday 26 July in the Undercroft, from 10.00am – 2.00pm.
There will be stalls offering:
- free second-hand stuff (e.g., clothes, shoes, household items etc.)
- free brand new beanies, scarves, toothpastes, toothbrushes and dental floss (limited quantity), as well as free hot drinks and cakes.
- Other stalls include Tenancy Protection Association, Christchurch Budget Service and Community Energy Action’s curtain bank!
- The NZ Police will be there to label phones, laptops etc. with UV markers, and give students tips on how to prevent burglaries. NZ Fire Service will also be there to give students information on fire safety.
- There will also be a sewing/mending station. So find those pieces of garments that need mending, pack your laptops/phones/gaming devices, and bring them all down to the Undercroft during Winter Wellness Expo.
Note: Please bring some bags to pack the goodies in.
Also note: If you are wanting your garments mended, please don’t come too late in the day as some can take a little while to repair.