A competitive opportunity for ten summer scholarships nationwide funded by Precision Drive Health (PDH) are available.
Student eligibility is:
- The student must have completed at least three years of study, and still be enrolled at an academic institution;
- The student and the academic supervisor/co-supervisor must be from the same institution.
- The student must have a GPA of at least a 6.0 in their four best papers of the most recently-completed year.
- There must be an identified academic as the research supervisor for the 10 week summer project.
The summer research application form is available on the PDH website. Project applications close on 15 September 2018.
Applications from any PDH-related research area are welcomed, but there is high interest in receiving applications in the following specific areas:
- Economic analysis of health data to measure the effectiveness for data-driven decision making in precision health
- Modelling healthcare pathways to enable interoperability, and the collection of data around the process of care
- Activating patients and increasing their engagement in health data management
- Reducing inequity in healthcare quality (distinct from healthcare outcomes) using data-driven approaches
- Data-driven visualisation to improve healthcare quality
- Application of genomic data to clinical practice
- Data-driven approaches to understand and predict the impact of social interventions on health