You are enough

Over the last three years, UC student Eleanor Hurton has had a role at Bounce – a Red Cross youth-led peer education project run by young people for young people. The Bounce website is a place for young people to find tips and inspiration to live life well.

Here, Eleanor provides some advice about the feelings that can come with grades or projects that can feel like we haven’t done a good job.

“This semester is the final semester of my degree, and I have done as much as I can to ensure I come away with the best degree possible. I want to graduate feeling like I have learned as much as I can and am able to put the skills I have learned to good use, to help make this world a better place.

I believe it is so important for us to have pride in our accomplishments. As young people we are all involved in various pursuits: study, work and volunteering to name a few. We often put a lot of time and a lot of heart and soul into the activities we do, and strive to be the best we can be.

But I think sometimes it is easy for us to feel like we haven’t done a good job – that our grades are not high enough or our projects are not successful. I know that I can be my own worst critic at times, and I know this is something a lot of young people struggle with.

So, I want you to think back to something you have done recently that you have put a lot of yourself in, and really allow yourself to feel proud of what you have achieved or what you are working towards.

Your efforts are enough, even if it does not feel that way at times. You are doing amazingly, and you deserve to feel pride in that.

After all, Sierra Boggess once said, “You are enough. You are so enough. It is unbelievable how enough you are.”

Read her original blog in full here>

Not feeling good about your grades? Here’s what you could do next.

Here are some other great blogs that might help you consider what’s next:

Asking for help is the number one life skill>

What is healthy thinking?>

Coping with failure>