From Friday 12 April 9.30pm until Sunday 14 April 5pm a data storage migration will take place. During this time you will not be able to use any UC supplied computer.
This planned storage outage is necessary to replace the storage environment currently in place at UC. During this outage access to your files from university devices will not be available.
What will the benefits be?
Improved performance, reliability and larger storage allowance on our network for students and staff. You will experience no change on how you currently access your network drives.
How to manage activities during the outage
- Remote access will be disabled during the outage period.
- Services such as the RecCentre and Security will continue to operate as usual.
- The Library will remain open providing a place to study and reference reading. Books cannot be checked out during the outage period, but can be returned. Returns will be processed on Monday 15 April.
- Students will be able to use wi-fi, LEARN, Office 365, OneDrive, email and UCGo from personal devices over the weekend.
- Access to University network drives will not be available.
To ensure the success of the migration
Please log off and power down your UC PC desktop or laptop by 9.30pm on Friday 12 April and do not log on or power up your UC PC desktop or laptop until 5pm Sunday 14 April. Prompts on UC issued devices and lab computers will remind you of the outage from Friday 12 – Sunday 14 April.
For more information see the Q&A sheet here> If you have questions please visit the IT Service Desk in Central Library or call 03 369 5000.