Nominations are now open for the 2019 University of Canterbury Blues Awards.
Receiving an award at our Blues ceremony is the highest honour we can present to students who have excelled in the areas of Sport, Community Engagement and the Arts.
Individual Blues awards will be given out for each discipline. Winners will then be eligible for the following major awards:
- Sportsperson of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to University Sport
- Team of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Official of the Year
- Outstanding Achievement in the Arts
- Outstanding Contribution to University Arts
- Outstanding Achievement in Community Engagement
- Waewae Kai Pakiaka: Outstanding Contribution to the Māori Community
- Outstanding Contribution to Equity and Diversity
- Outstanding Contribution to Sustainability.
We have also introduced a limited number of University of Canterbury Sport Recognition and Art Recognition awards. These awards recognise students who have performed exceptionally, however are not eligible for a University Blue as an individual. For example coaches, managers, directors, producers, administrators and executives.
- Nominations must be made via the form on the USCA website, with all sections completed.
- Anyone may nominate a person for a Blue. Individuals are able to nominate themselves.
- Nominations must be made before or on the close of the nominations date.
- Nominations made after such date will not be considered by the Blues Committee.
- Nominees must have reached the required level of achievement between the 19th of August 2018 and the 12th of August 2019.
Nominations for the Blues Awards close 10am, Monday the 12th of August
The Blues Awards will be held at Haere-roa on Saturday 28 September.