Edmund, 19, has been playing croquet since he was 11 years old and following this win, has retained his position within the Top Ten of the world Golf Croquet rankings (number eight!).
Edmund has been coached by multiple time world champion Chris Clarke for several years, and has experienced some impressive achievements in the sport to date, including:
- Part of the winning New Zealand team in the second Golf Croquet Trans-Tasman championship this season
- Winner of New Zealand Open Golf Croquet singles (and current 2019 champion)
- Winner 2018 Croquet NZ Under 21 Golf Croquet Singles
- Winner 2017 NZ Open association croquet doubles
- Winner 2017 Open golf croquet singles (at age 16, the youngest person to ever win it)
For Senior Lecturer Dr Jenny Clarke, Edmund’s success is richly deserved.
“More than just the numbers, he is an absolutely lovely chap – completely grounded, great sense of humour, and really generous with helping youngsters [and those] people interested in the game.”
Congratulations Edmund, you’ve done us proud.