Are you living in a Halls of Residence? Meningitis ACWY (Menactra) vaccine is fully funded for New Zealand residents up to the age of 25 entering Halls of Residence (not limited to 1st year students – also available until 1 November 2020 for NZ Domestic Students already in a Halls of Residence).
Many Halls residents will have already had their meningococcal vaccines from the GP prior to coming to UC.
2 vaccines are available – we strongly recommend both vaccines to provide optimal protection for all strains:
- ACWY (Menactra) – fully funded for NZ Domestic students (see above for eligiblity)
- ‘B” (Bexsero) – unfunded, 2 vaccines required one month apart. Cost: $120 each.
If you wish to have the vaccine(s) or if you have any general queries:
- For students enrolled at UC Health Centre – ring 369 4444 to speak with a Nurse and she will then book you an appointment (you may be put on a phone-back list during peak times)
- For students enrolled elsewhere – ring your regular GP practice
- HealthLine – phone 0800 611 116
- Further information regarding meningococcal disease and vaccines visit: https://www.immune.org.nz/resources/written-resources