Getting a good night’s sleep will help your mind stay focused during your exams and will help you to feel more energised throughout the day. Sleep is more than just a time for your body and mind to rest. Sleep can help reduce stress and improve your memory, sleep also helps the body repair itself as well as making you more alert and energised for the day.
Here are some tips and tricks for helping you get the right amount of zzzz’s:
• Allow for 7-9 hours of sleep per night. While sleep requirements vary slightly from person to person, most healthy adults need between 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night to function at their best.
• Be consistent. Go to bed at the same time each night and get up at the same time each morning, including on the weekends
• Make sure your bedroom is quiet, dark, relaxing, and at a comfortable temperature
• Remove electronic devices, such as TVs, computers, and smart phones, from the bedroom
• Avoid large meals, caffeine, and alcohol before bedtime
• Get some exercise. Being physically active during the day can help you fall asleep more easily at night.
• Meditation or reading before bed can also help to calm the mind ready for sleep.
Check out this clip for a 10 minute meditation exercise to help with sleep.