Anyone come to mind when you hear the words #ChangeMaker? Nominate them now for The University of Canterbury Young New Zealander of the Year Award Te Mātātahi o te Tau!
Recognising the change makers of our future, nominees should be young people brimming with the potential to produce a bright future for Aotearoa, striving across the last year to improve not only themselves but their whole community.
The judges will consider the following criteria when considering the nomination:
- Their contribution and benefit to society
- Initiatives demonstrated in a leadership capacity
- The involvement in establishing and / or setting the direction of a group, organisation or cause in which they have been involved
- Guidance, support, training and encouragement of group members
- Effort in working toward goals
- Commitment in terms of time / hours committed paid or unpaid
- Commitment to their own personal development by participation in courses, forums, conventions, community activities and other training or educational opportunities nationally or globally
- Value of contribution to their local community and / or nation or globally
Nominations are open until August 30.
To nominate, click here>