From Monday 22 March, there will be detours for the bus services that usually use the main University stops on Ilam Rd. These detours will be in place for up to four weeks. This is due to the intersection realignment work taking place at the Riccarton / Ilam corner.
The routes affected are:
Route 3 to Avonhead, Airport & Sheffield Cres.
- All bus trips will detour via Clyde & Creyke Roads
- Alternative boarding locations will be on Clyde Rd near Kirkwood Ave (#38726) & Creyke Rd near Forestry Rd (#32122) or use the normal route 3 stop on Maidstone Rd (#43058)
- All 3 bus stops on Ilam Rd (between Riccarton & Maidstone) will NOT be serviced
Route 3 to Sumner
- Route will remain unchanged for the duration.
- All 3 bus stops on Ilam Rd (between Maidstone & Riccarton) will be serviced as normal
Route 100 to Halswell
- Route will NOT travel along Ilam Rd (between Maidstone & Riccarton)
- Please board this service at any of the normal stops on Clyde Rd or Creyke Rd
- Buses will then travel direct to Countdown Church Corner via Maidstone and Waimairi Rd
Route 100 to The Palms
- This route will initially be unchanged but will be required to Detour via Waimairi & Maidstone Roads at certain times. To ensure you do not miss your bus it is strongly advised you use the normal bus stops on Creyke and Clyde Roads only. Do NOT expect this service to be on Ilam Rd until the work period is complete.
For further information please visit the Metro website here>