Reading can be for fun!

As university students, we spend a lot of time reading. This makes it so easy to dismiss the idea of picking up a good book after getting home from a full day of uni. In saying this, studies show reading is very, very good for you. It improves brain connectivity, aids in sleep readiness, reduce stress, and even contributes to a longer life. Being a self-confessed book nerd, I enjoy nothing more than reading a book until I fall asleep so I thought I would give you a list of some of the best books in our library if you’re wanting to start book worming yourself.

The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Attawood

This is a dystopian novel about the role of women in a totalitarian state. Regarded by many as one of the best books ever written.

The Choice by Edith Eger

This is one of the most inspiring books I have ever read, it is one of those books that sticks with you for a very long time after reading it. This book is a memoir about how a girl called Edith survives the Holocaust and learns to live again with truly remarkable resilience.

Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis

Whether you are a Red-Hot Chili Peppers fan or not this is such a good autobiography about the fascinating and untamed life of Anthony Kiedis.

“It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.”

― Oscar Wilde