Too cold? Too rainy? Too meh to make the trip to the gym, but deep down you know you’ll feel better for it? We might just have a solution for you!
Livestreaming UC RecCentre classes to your living room!
- For a limited time, you’ll be able to livestream a selected range of group fitness classes, and get moving in the comfort of your home.
- Once the livestream is finished -that’s it! It’s not recorded or saved, so you have to lock it in your diary and commit to your health, none of this ‘I’ll do it later’ (and then not doing it!)
- All you need is to download the Rec&Sport app, then you can cast to your TV or just use the phone itself and get your exercise fix quick and easy – no battling for a free park on Kirkwood, and no rain or wind in your hair on your skateboard!
- Head to our website for full instructions on how to use.
FREE for limited time – how to join in
- From Sunday 1 August, when you open your app and head to the Book a Class section, you’ll find a range of ‘Livestream’ classes available to book.
- You’ll need to book into the Livestream class (be sure it’s not the gym based one IRL). That way, you’ll get access when the class starts.
- This service will be free for a limited time for all of our members – until the end of the mid-term break (Sunday 12 September).
- All students enjoy free RecCentre membership and app access courtesy of your student levy. You just need to sign up online, then download the app.
Charges kick in from 13 September
- To continue to enjoy the service at the end of the free trial period we’ve kept the costs super low. That means even if you head out of Christchurch for the holidays (but within NZ), you can stay connected with us and stay active with your favourite teachers.
- We’ll email you information about that near the end of the trial, or you can check our website.
- You’ll also have access to a huge range of On-demand classes, to play at any time.
- Currently, these are Technogym Master Trainers, and cover a range of styles.
- In the future, we plan to record some classes (a bit like our YouTube ones over lockdown, but a bit more jazzy) and upload those as well.
Looking forward to having you livestream with us!
Te Ratonga Hākinakina | UC Rec&Sport