Kia ora koutou,
Aotearoa New Zealand is currently at Covid-19 Alert Level 4. You can keep yourself up-to-date with the latest Government information on Alert Level 4 here and by watching the 1pm Government briefings screening on TVNZ 1.
Following the announcement by the Prime Minster on Tuesday evening, the Vice-Chancellor activated the Incident Management Team and the Vice-Chancellor and Incident Controllers are the decision-making authority.
Access to campus and services
The University of Canterbury campus is currently closed until further notice. Student accommodation and campus essential services, including the Health Centre, pharmacy and security are continuing to operate.
Please call to make a booking at the Health Centre as they are unable to accept walk-ins while we are under Alert Level 4.
Teaching and assessments
- All classes, tests and assignments have been cancelled for the remainder of this week – from 18 to 20 August.
- No assessments will be due this week, and any due next week will be available online or will be rescheduled. Check your course AKO | Learn site for detailed information on assessment changes.
- All assessments and classes will be available online from Monday 23 August regardless of what alert level we are at.
- If you become aware of classes continuing online this week please email email@example.com with the class code.
Mandatory mask wearing
The Government announced this afternoon that mask wearing is now mandatory in the following places:
- Supermarkets, GPs, pharmacies, and other essential services.
- Public transport, including in public transport transit buildings and taxis.
The nationwide vaccination programme will continue from 8am tomorrow. If you have a vaccination appointment booked and have not received notice it has been changed, please turn up to your scheduled appointment.
People in groups, 1, 2, 3, and now group 4 aged 40+ years are able to book their Covid vaccination – check your eligibility and book your vaccine on the website https://app.bookmyvaccine.covid19.health.nz/
See UC’s Tuesday 17 August update on Tūpono | Insider’s Guide for information on:
- Health and wellbeing resources
- UC support services
- Student accommodation
- People at higher risk
We have done this before, and we will get through this together.
We’ll be back in touch tomorrow.