Here’s the events for the first week of the study period!
- Semester 2 Info Evening: This is an event for future, and also current students to explore their options at UC in Semester 2. It will be held from 3-7pm in the Undercroft. Representatives from all UC Colleges, the Careers team, Bridging Programmes, Enrolments and Student Finance will be there to answer any questions.
The following recipe is taken from the Revive Cafe Cookbook. A family friend cooked this dish for me and I thought it was awesome!
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 Tbsps oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 Tbsps ginger puree
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 x 400ml cans tomatoes
- 200ml can coconut cream
- 2 x 400g chickpeas
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp honey or date puree
- Slice and roast carrots for approx 20 mins at 180° C
- In a large pan cook onion, garlic and ginger in the oil until clear
- Stir in spices
- Add tomatoes and heat until boiling
- Add salt, coconut cream and honey/date puree
- Add chickpeas (drained) and carrots
Tip: It’s super easy to turn this curry into a delicious satay! After you stir in the spices, mix 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup hot water together to make a paste and add into the pot. Then add in the tomatoes and continue as per the recipe.