Now that Level 2 is finally here, we expect many students will be keen to get together in person. Catching up with your mates is great, but as our PM says, play it safe! We ask you to remember:
- You can safely connect and socialise with friends in small groups (remember COVID loves crowds)
- Maintain physical distancing—generally that means greater than 1 metre, but it means 2 metres with people you don’t know when in public
- If you’re unwell, don’t socialise – stay at home
- Have fun! But if you do drink, choose to drink responsibly
- Excessive use of alcohol can negatively impact your mental health and even weaken your immune system
- Don’t drink and drive. Nominate a designated driver with a full licence who can drive you and your mate’s home and keep a sober eye on the party
- Look out for yourself and your mates.
In Alert Level 2 the risk of COVID-19 transmission in the community remains and we are in the “reduce” phase. Remember – COVID loves crowds – so please keep yourself safe.