The Staff of the Year Awards return! This is your chance to nominate a UC staff member who you think deserves recognition for all of their hard work.
Along with the traditional categories, there’s also an opportunity to get creative with the “Make-up Your Own Title” Lecturer Award.
By nominating a staff member, you’ll go in the draw to win a $50 UCSA food and beverage voucher.
UC Staff of the Year Awards are presented by the UCSA
Nominations for the 2020 University of Canterbury Blues Awards close on Monday 31 August!
Receiving an award at our Blues ceremony is the highest honour we can present students who have excelled in the Sport, Community Engagement and the Arts categories.
Check out the criteria to see if you are eligible for an Individual Blues award. Winners will then be eligible for the following major awards:
- Sportsperson of the Year
- Outstanding contribution to University Sport
- Outstanding achievement in the Arts
- Outstanding contribution to University Arts
- Outstanding achievement in Community Engagement
- Waewae Kai Pakiaka: Outstanding contribution to the Māori community
- Outstanding contribution to Equity and Diversity
- Outstanding contribution to Sustainability
We have also introduced a limited number of University of Canterbury recognition awards. These awards recognise students those who have performed exceptionally, however are not eligible for a University Blue as an individual. For example coaches, managers, directors, producers, administrators, executives etc.
- Nominations must be made via the prescribed form via the USCA website, with all sections completed
- Anyone may nominate a person for a Blue. Individuals are able to nominate themselves.
- Nominations must be made before or on the close of the nominations date.
- Nominations made after such date will not be considered by the Blues committee.
- Nominees must have reached the required level of achievement during the nomination period
Nominations for the Blues Awards close 10am, Monday 31 August
The Blues Awards will be held at the Haere-roa on Saturday 10 October.
The results are in for this year’s UCSA Election! A massive thank you to candidates, and to those who voted.
Here’s a quick look at your student representatives for 2021, but if you want a full breakdown of election results, visit the UCSA website.
You can also read more information about the Student Exec Team and their roles, on our website.