The UCSA’s annual Supreme Club Awards are back for 2021 and we’re calling on students to nominate, celebrate and brag about their favourite UC clubs!
There are heaps of categories to enter (meaning there are heaps of chances to win!), from best events to individual contribution awards.
Visit our website to find out more information and to nominate your club before entries close at 10AM Friday 17 September 2021.
The awards ceremony will be held at Haere-roa on 15 October. It’s always a fun night!
You might know this event as Staff of the Year Awards, or maybe even Lecturer of the Year. Let us introduce you to the 2021 version – the UCSA Student Choice Awards; more colourful and student
focused than ever before!
We’d love to hear about a staff member on the University of
Canterbury campus that you’d like to celebrate. This year, we have opened a number of categories for students to nominate within:
- College Lecturer Awards (the winner of each College will be
considered for the overall Lecturer of the Year Award)
- Postgraduate Supervisor of the Year Award
- Administrator of the Year Award
- Technical Staff Member of the Year Award
- Support Services Staff Member of the Year Award
- Superstar Award
- Great Character Award
- The Wellbeing Champion Award
- Make Your Own Awards
If your favourite staff member doesn’t quite fit within the
‘traditional’ awards, you can even make your own award! You name the award, you nominate the staff member. We will honour the best (maybe worst) make your own awards on the night and even invite you to the ceremony to present it.
Nominations close on September 15th so get in quick!
Nominations for the 2021 University of Canterbury Blues Awards are open now until 10th of September.
Receiving an award at the Blues ceremony is the highest honour we can present students who have excelled in the Sport, Community Engagement and the Arts categories.
Check out the criteria on the UCSA website to see if you are eligible for an Individual Blues award. Winners will then be eligible for the following major awards:
- Sportsperson of the Year
- Outstanding contribution to University Sport
- Outstanding achievement in the Arts
- Outstanding contribution to University Arts
- Outstanding achievement in Community Engagement
- Waewae Kai Pakiaka: Outstanding contribution to the Māori community
- Outstanding contribution to Equity and Diversity
- Outstanding contribution to Sustainability
We have also introduced a limited number of University of Canterbury recognition awards. These awards recognise students those who have performed exceptionally, however are not eligible for a University Blue as an individual. For example coaches, managers, directors, producers, administrators, executives etc.
- Nominations must be made via the prescribed form via the UCSA website, with all sections completed
- Anyone may nominate a person for a Blue. Individuals are able to nominate themselves.
- Nominations must be made before or on the close of the nominations date.
- Nominations made after such date will not be considered by the Blues committee.
- Nominees must have reached the required level of achievement during the nomination period
Nominations for the Blues Awards close 10am, Friday 10th September.
The Blues Awards will be held at Haere-roa on Saturday the 16th of October.