Impact Summit 2020 will empower you to create a more sustainable world, one decision at a time.
Come and be inspired by a variety of speakers, learn something new in a workshop and meet new people.
Keynote speaker: Malcolm Rands (ecostore co-founder and Fairground Foundation executive chairman), will share his entrepreneurial journey and insights around sustainability, innovation and the environment.
Panel Discussion: Sustainability experts from a variety of sectors will discuss what you can do to ensure a sustainable future and will answer questions from the audience. Facilitated by award-winning journalist Rod Oram.
• Brianne West – Founder and CEO of Ethique
• Tony Moore – Sustainability Advisor at Christchurch City Council
• Veronica Harwood-Stevenson – Founder and CEO of Humble Bee
• Logan Williams – Entrepreneur, Inventor and Scientist
You’ll also get the choice between a range of workshops, including:
• Money talks. What’s yours saying?
• Designing solutions for the 21st Century
• How to identify what matters
• Let’s talk SDGs
• What do the eco-labels really mean?
• Turning waste into value
The UCE Summer Startup Programme is an opportunity for you to fast-track your commercial venture or social enterprise into reality by working on it for ten weeks over the summer period. If you’ve got an idea, it’s also an opportunity to make it happen!
At the conclusion of the Programme, you will present to a panel of judges for the opportunity to pitch at the UCE Showcase and win cash prizes.
Topics covered during the Programme include:
- Defining and validating the problem, pain or unmet need
- Understanding and talking to your customer
- Minimum viable product definition and development
- Routes to market
- New venture revenue and cost models
- Intellectual property strategy
- Team building and management
Click here to apply for the Summer Startup Programme Today!
In conjunction with the programme, a limited number of UCE Summer Startup Scholarships offer students $5,000 (tax-free) to work on their ventures. All applications for the Summer Startup Programme are automatically considered for the Scholarship.
Application Key dates
- Applications Open – Apply now!
- Information Session 2 – September 11, 2020 (1pm @UCE, 6th Floor Rehua Building)
- Applications Close – September 15, 2020
- Shortlist Interviews – September 21-22, 2020
- Offers made – September 23-25, 2020
Programme Key dates
- Programme Start – November 11, 2020
- Xmas Break – December 16, 2020 to January 6, 2021
- All Pitch Day – January 29, 2021
- UCE Showcase – February 4, 2021