With Semester 2 coming round fast, the UCSA has lined up loads of events for Re-Ori 2021!
Make sure you check out the awesome live music events, with Grafix (UK), Flowidus, Poris, The Chats, Lee Mvtthews and loads more.
Also look out for the UCSA Boss Coffee Comedy Club on Friday 23 July. It’s guaranteed to tickle your funny bone. You can get your tickets here.
Have you seen some of UCSA’s free events?
- Postgrad Schmooze, Thursday 15 July, 5pm-8pm – a mixer for postgrads(limited spots, preregister required).
- Pepsi Max Presents Ngaio Movie Night, Sunday 18 July, 5.30-9.30pm – the UCSA will be showing two movies for you and your mates to enjoy
- Te Rourou a Haere (formerly Lunch on the Lawn), Monday 19 July, 11am-2pm – free BBQ at Haere-roa’s amphitheatre
- Te Whiringa, Monday 19 July, 6-10pm – a night of cultural festivities!
- Clubs Day, Tuesday 20 July, 10am to 2pm – great place to see what’s on offer at UC and get involved.
- Winter Wellness Expo, Thursday 22 July, 10am-2pm – learn about well-being and enjoy some free stuff.
Tips for Re-Ori
Here are some simple tips which will help you enjoy Te-Ori to the full:
- Make sure you stay hydrated while you’re out
- Look out for your mates
- Be aware of UCSA’s no pass-out rule with their live events
- Register with Good One when throwing a party to keep your mates safe and get help from police if you need to
Check out more information or tickets here and follow UCSA for more updates.
Calling all UC Postgrads! Join us for the Postgrad Schmooze, an evening to mix, mingle, and indulge in some delicious free canapés. You’ll also enjoy a free drink on arrival.
On the night we’ll be joined by representatives from the UC postgrad community who will both be speaking on the postgrad experience.
Tickets are limited – register today, and we can’t wait to see you there.
RE-ORI Clubs Day is coming and it’s your chance to find out what’s on offer at UC! Join the UCSA on Tuesday 20 July from 11am to 2pm at Haere-roa.
UC has a massive club culture with 160 clubs covering everything from sports to the arts and more. If you’re keen to do a bit of research before you head along, visit the UCSA’s handy online Clubs Directory.
Why sign up?
- You’ll meet new people and get a chance to make friends.
- You’ll find out where the best events are happening (food festivals, gigs, fashion shows, quiz nights, lunchtime BBQs – clubs organise a massive range of events).
- It’s a great way to gain academic support.
- You can explore a hobby with like-minded people.
- Some of the roles involved in UC clubs can qualify for your co-curricular record (CCR) .
You can sign up to more than one if you’re extra keen, and your club experience will generally depend on the kind of club(s) you join, and how much you personally want to be involved. Have a chat to the clubs to find out more, and we’ll see you there.