Work is now well under way on the UCSA building site. Here’s what’s happening over the next few weeks.
- Ground beams and foundations – excavation work is progressing.
- Trenching work and drilling bores has started at the Ilam Road end of the site.
- There will be some noise as a result of this work, and a small number of concrete trucks coming and going from site.
- Concrete pours – the slab will be poured section by section. There will be one or two trucks coming and going from site at any one time.
- Construction and assembly of Precast Panels on-site.
- Structural steel work due to start.
- Bore drilling at the Health Centre end of the site is also expected to start after exams.
Study break and exams
Noise levels are expected to be low over the study break and exam period, however this will be monitored. If you have any concerns please contact David Wong, Project Manager Capital Works – email@example.com
Please take care when walking, cycling, skateboarding or driving near the UCSA building site. Watch for construction vehicles and look out for others.
Construction work on a new sub-station is under way near the Health Centre/UCSA site. The sub-station will service buildings in the area.
Temporary fencing is in place around the work site. Two car parks will be unavailable during the work to allow construction vehicle access.
Please follow any detours and signage in place around the work area. Take care when travelling through the area and look out for others.
Kia mataara. Think first.
It’s an exciting time to be at UC as we’ve got a few building projects on the go that will provide you with modern learning spaces and some of the latest technology.
While these buildings are still construction sites, please take care when you’re near them.
- Watch out for trucks and other construction vehicles coming and going – especially when you’re near a site entrance.
- Follow any detours in place near building sites, and if traffic management staff are present follow their instructions.
- Whether you’re walking, biking, skateboarding or driving near a construction site on campus, slow down and look out for others.
Kia mataara. He wāhi whakatū whare tēnei.
Take care around construction sites on campus. Think first.
Be in to win…
…a Think first reusable coffee cup and a $10 voucher for UCSA food outlets.
Simply tell us two building projects that are currently under construction on campus – hint, go to www.canterbury.ac.nz/capitalworks/ and look under the ‘Current Projects’ section.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your answers by 5pm, Friday 22 September. Use the subject line ‘Think first competition’.
Two winners will be drawn randomly on Monday 25 September. Keep an eye on the Insider’s Guide to find out if it’s you.
Competition T & Cs
- Entering the competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The competition runs from the time this blog is published on the Insider’s Guide to UC blog until 5pm, 22 September 2017.
- Entry is open to any current UC student. A valid student ID will be required to claim your prize.
- Two random winners will be drawn on Monday 25 September 2017. Answers given on the entry must be correct or there will be a redraw.
- The names of the winners will be published on the Insider’s Guide blog and may be published again in the Insider’s Guide newsletter. Winners will also be contacted directly by email.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.