The UC Student Experience team is now recruiting for paid student leaders for the 2018 UniLife programme. Find out more about the UniLife programme here and read on to see if this is the opportunity for you.
What we are looking for:
- Students interested in developing professional skills and leadership.
- Must be third year or above, and available for:
- Training on 7 – 8 February
- Orientation Day 16 February
- First-year phone call out during week 3 of term (evening work)
- Every Monday evening of term beginning 19 February
- Weekly interaction with a group of up to 25 students and a team of other student leaders (i.e. Facebook page, text, email, phone).
- Paid employment at an average 3-6 hours per week ($18 per hour).
- Free dinner every Monday night of term!
- Training and mentoring from the Student Experience team
- Co-curricular Record recognition.
About the UniLife programme
- We are delivering a non-academic programme for first years to make the most of their transition to university life.
- We help students build important life skills for wellbeing and success.
- The programme provides connection to other students and personal development opportunities.
Learning Outcomes & Skills Development for Student Leaders
- How to facilitate small group interactions
- How to identify issues and refer appropriately
- How to plan an interactive engagement session
- How to effectively communicate with a diverse audience
- How to work as part of a team
- How to mentor and guide others
- Leadership: helping first year students achieve success.
- Self-management: coordinating and planning activities independently and delivering them on time
- Communication: listening to students and advising them appropriately, facilitating small group interaction, writing detailed reports
- Team Work: contributing to the success of the project through collaborative decision-making and problem-solving
To express your interest please send your CV and cover letter to Rose Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your Student ID.