Earlier this afternoon, the Prime Minister confirmed that Aotearoa New Zealand, except Auckland, will continue at Alert Level 2. Auckland will move to Alert Level 3 at 11.59pm, Tuesday 21 September. Alert levels will be reviewed again on Monday 4 October.
Also confirmed this afternoon is a change in the number of people allowed to gather for events. At Alert Level 2 gatherings of up to 100 can take place.
Teaching and Learning
Teaching and learning will continue to operate as it has been. See the UC website for information on teaching and learning at Alert Level 2.
End of year exams
We intend to provide further information about end of year exams later this week.
Vaccination clinic on campus
A vaccination clinic will be set up in Haere-ora in early October for students and staff to get vaccinated. More information will be provided when the clinic is confirmed.
Information for students in Auckland
- Travel – We are aware that some students who have been in Auckland for Alert Level 4 are looking at returning to Ōtautahi Christchurch. Cabinet has yet to decide the rules for cross-boundary travel once Auckland moves to Alert Level 3. Students and staff should remain in Auckland until the Health Order is finalised. Further information is available here and we will keep you updated.
- UCSA Facebook group – The UCSA invites you to 09 Lockdown Lowdown – a private Facebook group where UC students still in Auckland can chat and stay connected over Levels 3 and 4. The Student Exec are online too if you’ve got feedback for them. The vibe is relaxed, and the group’s a space where you can share anything from a study tip or challenge to a mighty fine recipe. Join 09 Lockdown Lowdown: https://www.facebook.com/groups/154613880194186
Support for students
If Covid-19 has affected your studies, you can apply for Special Consideration here.
Remember, there are a number of support services available to all students if you’re not feeling at your best right now:
- Atawhai Ākonga | Student Care – 03 369 3388, email@example.com
- Māori student support – 03 369 1445, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pacific student support – 03 369 1445, email@example.com
- Rainbow student support – 03 369 1445, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Te Whare Hauora | UC Health Centre – 03 369 4444, email@example.com
- Chaplaincy services – Rev Dr John Fox, 027 357 1628, firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCSA Welfare and Advocacy Service – 03 369 0555, email@example.com
- Ministry of Health Need to talk? Free phone or text 1737
- Lifeline – 0800 543 354 or text HELP to 4357 for free, 24/7, confidential support
Kia kaha, kia maia, kia manawanui | Be strong, be brave, be steadfast.