Have you ever thought about learning to swim, or improving how far you can swim? The Rec&Sport team have set up an easy way for you to access 20% off CCC pool memberships, and get free swimming lessons to boot!
All good, but why should YOU learn to swim?
Lots of reasons, but here are our top 4:
- Aotearoa New Zealand is an island nation with some beautiful beaches, lakes and rivers to play in and on. You’ll have much more fun if you’re confident you can swim a few hundred metres to something cool or to safety.
- If you’re new to exercise or injured, it is a fantastic full body, no impact workout to build cardiovascular and muscular strength.
- If you’re a regular exerciser, it’s a great recovery tool between hard workouts. Also, once you ‘get’ the breathing, it can be meditative and calming.
- There are some cool water based sports/activities that you might discover and be able to participate in once you’re confident in the water.
How to get FREE learn to swim lessons – yes there is a catch
The Rec&Sport team have partnered with CCC, and set up a hassle free way for you to get your hands on a discounted pools membership. We call it Swim Starter.
- Head to our website and click the link to register
- We’ll send you an email to confirm your membership at the RecCentre
- Take this email to any CCC facility to enjoy 20% off any pool membership (minimum 3mths).
- Now you’re a member of CCC pools, you can book into any Adult Swim lesson. They’re FREE with pool memberships. It’s important to note that UC Rec&Sport has no further involvement once you’ve got yourself a membership. You’ll be booking your sessions and buying your membership with the CCC team directly.
So, whilst you’ll need to get a membership to get the free lessons, that’s a good thing, as the best way to learn a skill is to practice frequently, especially in the early stages. So, book in as many lessons in a short space of time as you can (the holidays are great for this!) You can also practice in-between lessons, or perhaps just use the sauna, steam room and spa for some relaxation!
Te Ratonga Hākinakina | UC Rec & Sport