Planning a party?
Don’t let things get hairy! Register your party online at Good One in only a couple of minutes.
There are 4 easy steps to register your party these include:
- Basic contact details of the hosts
- How you heard about Good One
- If you are registering for the first time
Once your registration is complete a staff member from the Police will be in touch to confirm details and make sure you are all prepared.
If you are planning a big event you may get a friendly visit from the Police on the night for a brief check in.
To register your party click here
When drinking alcohol it’s important to keep safe and look after yourself and others.
Check out the tips below:
- Keep track of how much alcohol you’re drinking. If you’re at a party, wait until your glass is empty before you refill – otherwise you’ll lose track of what you’ve drunk.
- Avoid mixing your drinks.
- Make them singles not doubles.
- Start later.
- Try a “spacer” instead of a “chaser”. Make every second drink a non-alcoholic one.
- Take smaller sips.
- Put your glass down between sips.
Look after yourself
- Always make sure to eat before and while you’re drinking
- Know your limit. Learn to refuse a drink.
- Take a break from drinking.
- Don’t drink and drive. Nominate a designated driver with a full licence who can drive you and your mates home and keep a sober eye on the party.
- Plan your night. Plan ahead, arrange a safe way home, a place to stay and let someone know where you are at all times.
- Look out for yourself and your mates.
- Never accept a drink from someone you don’t know.
Hosting a party?
If you are hosting a party register your party on Good One. Good One is all about helping you have a great party without things getting hairy. Check out their website for more information and tips on being a great host.
Check out Alcohol.org.nz for additional tips on being a great host.
Want to stay healthy and well over the cold winter months? UCGO can direct you to all the wellbeing services you need on campus, from keeping fit to staying safe when out and about. With UCGO, you can:
- check out all the different fitness classes and small group training sessions on offer at the UC RecCentre.
- use the Support tool to find all the different support services at UC including mentoring support, academic support and information about programmes and support groups such as UniLife, the Pacific Development Team and ākonga Māori support.
- call the UC Security team direct with the Campus Safety tool. You can also find information on what to do in an emergency, and how to report hazards and incidents of assault.
UCGO is specially designed to give you access to the tools you need to learn, explore, stay well and succeed at UC.
– download UCGO now from the App Store and Google Play.
– view UCGO on your desktop – bookmark it now to have everything you need on one page.
See all the tools and find more about UCGO here.