There’s no time like the present! If you’ve got a hankering to run your first (of many, or maybe only!) half-marathon or 10km, why not join our established Run Canterbury community? We provide an outstanding support package to get you over the finish line, at a supremely affordable price point – and you don’t have to be a member of the RecCentre!
- In Semester 2, we tailor our training for the Queenstown Marathon.
- You can choose to enter the 10km, 21km or 42km distance, and we’ll provide a comprehensive 14 week training programme to suit your goal and ability
The support package
- Twice weekly pack runs guaranteed, with multiple pace levels, including a new hybrid walk/run for 10km runners
- Additional weekend long runs on occasion
- Social network for chats and support
- Experienced pack leaders to guide you through and help pace
- 20% discount on your 1/2 marathon entry fee
- Discounts at Frontrunner Colombo for your new running shoes!
- Prices start at $80 for previous participants
- $95 for UC Staff/Students and RecCentre members first-timers (includes a swish running t-shirt that you’ll be proud of) and
- $155 for community members (so you can drag your running buddy along, even if they’re not covered by the UC discount rate)
- Similar programmes can cost hundreds of dollars, and we’ve been doing this for 20ish years, so we’ve got it down!
- Payment plan available, just ask !
When does it start?
- 17th August! So, you’ve got one month to psych yourself up
- Check out our Run Canterbury website for more info.
If you ‘ve got any questions, please get in touch. We’re happy to answer any questions and allay any concerns you might have. Remember, you only ‘get fit’ for something by ‘doing that something’! We all have to start somewhere!
Te Ratonga Hākinakina | UC Rec&Sport