Mid-semester break is here!
Here are some tips on making the most of it.
- Mid-semester break is a great chance to spend some time on your studies. Make time to finish an assignment early, plan ahead or get your head around a tricky concept you haven’t quite mastered. Karawhuia! Give it heaps!
- If you are feeling a little bit overwhelmed with assignments or want to get ahead before exams, check out the resources on offer at the Pokapū Pūkenga Ako | Academic Skills Centre. They cover everything from understanding essay questions to referencing and lab reports to tips for giving a talk. And don’t forget to keep an eye out for workshops and seminars coming up in Term 3.
- Most importantly it’s all about balance – me whakatā, take some time for yourself, recharge, rest, hang out with mates and do a few things you really enjoy. And remember to celebrate everything you’ve achieved so far.
UC Rec & Sport – tips for staying active :
- Try something new – Group Fitness will run over the mid-semester break, so you can turn up and try Yoga, Spin, Fit45 and more!
2. Get outdoors – try to get out and about at least once a day. Take a walk to the park to read your book or listen to music, or simply to just sit and relax in some green space.
3. Exercise and eat well – try to keep your exercise routine and eat good nourishing food. Baking is a relaxing activity for many, so it might be a good time to bake up a storm – share with friends, and freeze for term time treats.
If you haven’t got an exercise routine, now is a great time to start!