Are you looking to compete in your first half marathon in 2021? Or maybe you just want to set a 5km or 10km goal first? It can be daunting at first, but with the right support, it’ll be a cinch!
Hōtaka Omaoma | Run Canterbury – a running club for everyone
Hōtaka Omaoma | Run Canterbury is a small group of keen runners of all abilities, who just want to run! We meet Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the RecCentre, and sometimes in the hills on the weekends, to go for a run! We have beginner, intermediate and advanced groups who head out for a trot rain or shine (but not hail or snow). There’s an experienced leader of the pack, who’ll guide you round the course, and you can ask all your running questions at the end while you stretch. It’s a friendly, relaxed and supportive group, and you’ll probably make some new friends too.
What’s the goal?
2021 sees us training for the Hanmer Half or Wanaka Half, both on Saturday 1st May, but you can opt for the other distances if you prefer. You can choose the destination that works best for you, the training will be the same.
Why join Hōtaka Omaoma | Run Canterbury?
Because we’re good at what we do! We’ve got experience (over 25 years operating), a great crew, and an affordable price.
- 2x lead pack runs per week, plus some bonus ones on weekends
- Full 12 week training plan for inbetween pack runs
- Online community support
- Athlete educations seminars (recovery, nutrition, raceday)
- More benefits – see our website for full list and more info
- First meeting and pack run on Tuesday 2nd March, 2021
- UC Students & Staff, UC RecCentre Members (first time with Run Canterbury) $95
- Community $155
- Any returning participant $80
Check around, we’re confident you won’t find a better value running group! If you’d like more information, check our website. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or just take the plunge and register online now.
Let’s do this!
Ta Ratonga Hākinakina | UC Rec & Sport