- Cafe 101 and Reboot have a reputation around campus for providing great quality coffee and awesome service. What I discovered this morning (while sipping my double-shot start to the day) is that they also have the most entertaining coffee cups!Check out this cool Ode to Ollie the Owl…
Ollie the Owl by Mulga (BioCup Art Series)
- An Ode to Ollie the Owl
My name is Ollie and I’m a big ole owl
I’m awake at night and in the darkness I prowl
My eyes are lazy but my neck is crazy
It turns 270 degrees up in them trees
Everyone thinks that I’m really wise
Is it because of my oversized eyes?
Now stare into those eyes and make an owl sound
And then lift your gaze and peer around
You’ve transformed into an owl sitting high in a tree
Or maybe you’re just an oddball who’s hooting like me
By Mulga (part of the BioCup Art Series)
There’s a great variety of events coming up this week!
- Media and Communication research seminar: 12-1pm in 611A, Locke. PhD candidate Martina Wengenmeir will be presenting her research, ‘Communication patterns following disaster: How Facebook pages tell the story of the Canterbury earthquakes’.
- TP Fundraising Quiz Night: 7.30-10pm at Robbie’s Riccarton. Te Pūtairiki will be hosting a night of entertainment that only a quiz can bring! $20 for a team of 4 or 5.
- From Hieroglyphs to Text Messages: A Short History of Writing: ending Friday 22nd, lower concourse, first floor Matariki. See the exhibition that features ancient antiquities from UC’s Logie Memorial Collection.
- Revolution Dodgeball Tournament: 6.30-9pm, Howzat Indoor Sports, 4 Matipo St. Revolution Uni are holding the 2015 Dodgeball championship. Teams must have 6-8 members with at least 2 girls. $30 per team, or $5 for individual entry. Click the link to register.
- City Care Connect the Community: 8.30am-2pm, free transport from the UCSA carpark to Phillipstown and back. Spend a day giving back – click here to register. Hosted by the SVA: transform a neighbourhood and enjoy a free BBQ and free warm-fuzzies!
- La Tormenta Latina presented by UCanDance: 8pm-12am, The Woolston Club, 43 Hargood St. There’s a Latin Storm closing in…grab your friends, join the whrilwind and enjoy a great night of Latin dance! Click the link for tickets, $15 for students, $17 non-students, $20 door.