There’s a great variety of events coming up this week!
- Media and Communication research seminar: 12-1pm in 611A, Locke. PhD candidate Martina Wengenmeir will be presenting her research, ‘Communication patterns following disaster: How Facebook pages tell the story of the Canterbury earthquakes’.
- TP Fundraising Quiz Night: 7.30-10pm at Robbie’s Riccarton. Te Pūtairiki will be hosting a night of entertainment that only a quiz can bring! $20 for a team of 4 or 5.
- Student Forum with the Vice-Chancellor: 12-1pm in the Undercroft.
- What if Wednesday: 7-8pm. ‘What if…more volunteered to help communities after disasters?’, presented by Linda Cruse. Click the link to register.
- UC Arts and UC Frenchsoc film night: 7-9pm, KE06. Screening a French comedy with English subtitles.
- From Hieroglyphs to Text Messages: A Short History of Writing: ending Friday 22nd, lower concourse, first floor Matariki. See the exhibition that features ancient antiquities from UC’s Logie Memorial Collection.
- Revolution Dodgeball Tournament: 6.30-9pm, Howzat Indoor Sports, 4 Matipo St. Revolution Uni are holding the 2015 Dodgeball championship. Teams must have 6-8 members with at least 2 girls. $30 per team, or $5 for individual entry. Click the link to register.
- City Care Connect the Community: 8.30am-2pm, free transport from the UCSA carpark to Phillipstown and back. Spend a day giving back – click here to register. Hosted by the SVA: transform a neighbourhood and enjoy a free BBQ and free warm-fuzzies!
- La Tormenta Latina presented by UCanDance: 8pm-12am, The Woolston Club, 43 Hargood St. There’s a Latin Storm closing in…grab your friends, join the whrilwind and enjoy a great night of Latin dance! Click the link for tickets, $15 for students, $17 non-students, $20 door.