Is the lead-up to exams making you tired, frustrated and a whole lotta hungry? I get what you mean!
Luckily the UCSA is providing FREE exam breakfasts every morning this week in the Undercroft. So each morning at 8.30am, from Monday 27th through to Friday 31st, the UCSA will be giving out hot food, including: toast, baked beans, eggs, and the holy grail: hash browns. Get in early to get the best goods to fill your tummy for a day of study, or a exam!
Exam results are probably the last thing on anyone’s mind; I mean come on…we haven’t even started exams yet! However, it’s good to be aware of the release date so that you can have access to it even if you’re on vacation and plan accordingly.
Exams end on 13 November just in time for Show Day. What happens on the 13th with all our odd shenanigans is best left untold, let alone on a public platform. Once we’ve had our share of fun and have embraced the summer and what it has to hold, exam results will be published in the first week of December (Friday 5th) which is roughly about two and half weeks after exams end.
From 7pm, Friday 5 December exam results can be accessed through myUC, by logging in and selecting the “Internal Transcripts and Results” tab. Also be mindful that this will be a rush hour and results may take longer than usual to access. If you cannot access your results, even after multiple tries, make sure to contact your respective department during normal business hours.
Lastly, if you need any special attention with your results, you can consult the Results and Appeals page of the UC website and sort it out from there.
Here are some important reminders for all of you; this time of the year can be extremely stressful and simple things like this are often forgotten:
1. Make sure you are well aware of your exam dates and times and don’t have them mixed up! You can confirm them by checking in either course order: http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/exams/documents/exam_room_course.pdf or by exam date: http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/exams/documents/exam_room_date.pdf
2. Exam rooms are allocated alphabetically and you can check your room allocation here: http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/exams/documents/exam_room_course.pdf and here’s a map of the locations for reference: http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/exams/documents/exam_room_map.pdf
3. It’s always useful to be aware of the general exam instructions and they can be read here: http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/exams/instructions.shtml
4. Get your calculators approved with UC stickers if you haven’t already. The last one will be done this Wednesday in Rutherford 813 from 12.45-1.15pm.
5. Lastly, believe in yourself and the effort that you have put in; trust that you’ve done your best and work harder if you haven’t.
Good luck to all of us with exams and what should potentially be an eventful summer.