The UCE Summer Startup Programme is an opportunity for you to fast-track your commercial venture or social enterprise into reality by working on it for ten weeks over the summer period. If you’ve got an idea, it’s also an opportunity to make it happen!
At the conclusion of the Programme, you will present to a panel of judges for the opportunity to pitch at the UCE Showcase and win cash prizes.
Topics covered during the Programme include:
- Defining and validating the problem, pain or unmet need
- Understanding and talking to your customer
- Minimum viable product definition and development
- Routes to market
- New venture revenue and cost models
- Intellectual property strategy
- Team building and management
In conjunction with the programme, a limited number of UCE Summer Startup Scholarships offer students $5,000 (tax-free) to work on their ventures. All applications for the Summer Startup Programme are automatically considered for the Scholarship.
Application Key dates
- Applications Open – Apply now!
- Information Session 2 – September 11, 2020 (1pm @UCE, 6th Floor Rehua Building)
- Applications Close – September 15, 2020
- Shortlist Interviews – September 21-22, 2020
- Offers made – September 23-25, 2020
Programme Key dates
- Programme Start – November 11, 2020
- Xmas Break – December 16, 2020 to January 6, 2021
- All Pitch Day – January 29, 2021
- UCE Showcase – February 4, 2021